Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Thor and Zeus v. The Howlers

The Howlers a/k/a Beach House Banshees continue their radio silence. I suspect the rain is getting to them, too. According to the local news broadcast, it rained about 2 to 3 inches yesterday with another 2 to 3 inches expected today. 

Here on the Cape things didn't get rolling until just before dinner when the heavens finally opened, and down came the rain. Suddenly, lightning appeared, accompanied by a soundtrack of roaring thunder. I don't understand what is going on. It's October. The temperature is in the 50s. Thunder and lightning belong to summer, not autumn. And, where oh where are my Howlers?

As for winter, I read today that AccuWeather speculates that "New England is one of the only areas east of the Rocky Mountains where snowfall could end up being above normal." Woo. Hoo.

I am slowly getting this house in order, as evidenced by the photo below.

L. O. L.

I fear that, by the time everything is organized, our lease will be up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here Comes The Sun

Outliving the Queen

As we begin to navigate the budding Carolean era of King Charles III, I am not the first person to observe that, prior to his reign, when th...