Sunday, October 16, 2022

Throne, Glorious Throne!

Years ago, my brother-in-love Joe dubbed me, on his brother Jim's behalf, Mi Reina (my queen). It was all in good fun, but, hey, the fact that I refer to my husband as TSO, a/k/a The Sainted One, certainly plays into that narrative.

Speaking of TSO, a/k/a Liege Man of Life, Limb, and Love, he custom cut and affixed felt "Magic Sliders" to the legs of my chair and ottoman so that they don't scratch the hardwood floors. He also arranged to have the air conditioner units removed from the windows in this house, including the unit in the window next to the chair and ottoman. 

Now, I truly sit upon a glorious Starfish Throne with beams of heavenly light illuminating my countenance, as I hold court with my subjects, a/k/a my books. (Never mind the construction workers next door staple gunning and hammering all day. Serfs.)

It's Good To Be The Reina

And, yes, I am officially obsessed with this stupid thrift store chair and ottoman!


 

2 comments:

  1. How grounding to have a place with a view, a happy place to muse and create, to read and maybe even snooze. My Nana had her green chair and ottoman, I've got my back porch rocker and our overstuffed living room chair. Everyone deserves a throne. So happy you came into yours so soon after moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn’t sound like a stupid thrift store chair to me! What are you reading at the moment?

    ReplyDelete

Here Comes The Sun

Outliving the Queen

As we begin to navigate the budding Carolean era of King Charles III, I am not the first person to observe that, prior to his reign, when th...