Sunday, January 22, 2023

Who Moved My Detrital Beach Chair?

We were at Christina's and Lou's for a few days. There was a heavy snow fall on Friday -- the kind that clung to the trees but did not cover the road. My grandson Tommy and I had to go out for a short while, and, as I drove, I couldn't stop saying, "It's so beautiful!" Here's a shot.

Winter Wonderland

The trees were much more beautiful where Tommy and I were driving, but, when I was behind the wheel, I couldn't exactly take a picture. So, the shot above was taken at a stop light yesterday. Of course, when we returned to Sandwich yesterday, it was clear that not a flake had fallen here. 

Back at our house, Mr. Bale had to pull up the storm shutters. As always, as soon as I could see out the French doors, I checked on my detrital beach chair to make sure it hadn't been swept away while we were gone. Much to my surprise, the chair was no longer firmly and safely embedded in the sand where it had survived many close calls with high tides and angry seas. Rather, it was standing upright, facing the water!

Upright Detrital Beach Chair

Who moved my detrital beach chair and sat in it? I'll have to go out today and plop by butt into the seat so that the chair, once again, becomes firmly embedded in the sand!

2 comments:

  1. Real pretty snow you got there. That's spooky about the beach chair. I hope you get to the bottom of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of mysterious things take place out of sight here.

      Delete

Here Comes The Sun

Outliving the Queen

As we begin to navigate the budding Carolean era of King Charles III, I am not the first person to observe that, prior to his reign, when th...